Paris is situated in the Northern France on the bank of river Seine. About 42 million people visit Paris every year, making Paris one of the most visited cities of the world. Paris is a city easily explored by metro, taxi, bicycle and even walking through the city is like wandering through the picture post card. If you are newly married or want to spend some romantic time with your beloved then the CITY OF LOVE is the place for you!!
POINT OF INTEREST IN PARIS
- Eiffel Tower
- The Louvre
- Notre-Dame de Paris
- Palace of Versaillies
- Arc de Triomphe
- Place de la concorde
- Tuileries Garden
- Le Marais
- Jardin du Luxembourg
- Moulin Rouge
- Centre Georges Pompidou
- Sainte Chapelle
- Catacombs of Paris
- Champ de Mars
- Grand Palais
- Place des Vosges
- Pont Alexandre III
- Palais Garnier
Paris has some of the world famous museum depicting its history, art and culture. Some of the top rated Museums are-
- The Louvre
- Musee d’Orsay
- Musee Rodin
- Musee du Quai Branly
- Musee Picasso
- National museum of Natural history
- Carnavalet Museum
What you should know before going to paris
- There is no low season in Paris because it is such a beautiful place, but still going in late springs would be better because the school crowd would not be there and you can have the city more to yourself plus it would be a bit cheaper during lower high season.
- Paris has so much to see, so it is better to plan what you want to see depending on the time you have.
- Louvre is closed on Tuesdays and rest of the museums are closed on Monday.
- TGV trains can make many destinations into a day trip.
- If you are planning a long trip, you can plan up to stay in rented apartments since the Hotels are too costly and room sizes are small.
- Shopping in Paris is a must do stuff. GALERIE VIVIENNE, PASSAGE DES PANORAMAS AND CARROUSEL DU LOUVRE are must visit.
- Food in Paris is a Gastronomical Delight!! You should try everything that you see. Some of the must try are CROISSANT,CONFIT DE CANARD,STEAK FRITES,LEMON TART,ESCARGOT,ICE CREAM,FALAFEL and a lot lot more!!!
- Learning some basic words in French like Bonjour (Hello), Merci (Thankyou), S’il vous Plait (Please) helps a lot in connecting with the locals.
In all Paris is a fantastic place and a must visit destination. You must add it on to your list.